Back in his homeland after avoiding a rape trial here, Dominique Strauss-Kahn reportedly told police that he tried to kiss 32-year-old author Tristane Banon back in 2003, according to L'Express, but did not attempt to rape her as she alleges. In the words of an anonymous official with knowledge of Strauss-Kahn's most recent police questioning, "he conceded that he had made advances to her, without being very precise about the nature of these advances," while Banon claims the 62-year-old came at her "like a rutting chimpanzee" and went to remove her jeans until she kicked and punched him. No charges have been filed. Meanwhile, French magazine Le Point reports that Strauss-Kahn will address his Stateside ordeal in a televised interview with journalist Claire Chazal, a close friend of his wife, Anne Sinclair.
Photo: Harold Cunningham/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film