Our own John Heilemann stopped by Hardball tonight to discuss a new stack of dipping poll numbers for President Obama and why Thursday's jobs speech before a full Congress probably won't bring about any change whatsoever. "I think the president and his people recognize that the likelihood of the Republicans approving anything that would substantially alter the economic conditions of the United States between now and Election Day is virtually zero," Heilemann said. "The things that would show [Obama] to be a big, bold political leader are things that would not necessarily be popular in the middle of the country." See more in the video.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]