Saadi Qaddafi might think it's about time to start negotiating with Libya's rebel forces, but his brother Saif disagrees. During an appearance on Syria's Rai TV, Saif vowed to fight until achieving "martyrdom or victory" and urged his countrymen to "attack everyone, day and night, until we clean this country from those gangsters and those traitors." Additionally, he claimed that over 20,000 loyalist soldiers were prepared to defend his father's hometown of Sirte, where rebels are expected to attack on Saturday unless there is a surrender. Though Saif said he was not aware of his father's location, he told his audience that the colonel was "fine." And, as if to assure viewers of his intention to stick things out, he let them know that he'd had a lot of caffeine: "We are fighting and we are drinking tea and drinking coffee and sitting with our families and fighting."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!