Former veep Dick Cheney stopped by The View today to promote his "head-exploding" memoir and to show Barbara Walters and the ladies the cords protruding from his chest, which keep him alive, even without a pulse. Babs seemed genuinely interested in the robot-heart talk, but clearly wanted Cheney to get serious on her couch, launching into a laundry list of consequences of the U.S. invasion of Iraq. "I hate people who say 'With all due respect,'" Walters said, "But with all due respect, Mr. Cheney, it's hard for me to understand that all of this was worth it, just to get rid of Saddam Hussein," to applause from the audience. Cheney follows with a (somewhat predictable) four-minute-long answer, which Joy Behar sighs and rolls her eyes throughout (So what? Who cares?) while Cheney's wife Lynne waits patiently to be the first to offer resounding applause. Watch the clip here.
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Oklahoma Woman Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig