Polish crochet artist Agata Oleksiak, better known as Olek, has followed up her colorful draping of the Wall Street bull with a more apolitical outfit change for Astor Place. This morning, commuters were welcomed by the giant spinning cube draped in pink camouflage for fall, perfect for this crisp morning. The interactive statue, officially titled Alamo, was installed in 1967, and once was covered to look like a Rubik's Cube. Knowing that neighborhood, some kid is tugging on the thread already.
Photo: Twitpic via Bomarr Blog
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]