The eight business leaders who met with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie this past May, when he was first said to be eyeing a presidential run, are apparently still all revved up for him to jump in the race. "Christie can do very well in Iowa," Gary Kirke, who owns a Des Moines-–based financial-services firm, told the Post. "He can even win Iowa." All this comes on the back of renewed speculation that Christie may yet save the Republican Party from Rick Perry's flubs and Mitt Romney's low-watt energy, his girth notwithstanding, of course. [NYP]
Photo: Ramin Talaie/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!