For some reason, people are entertaining the idea that taxi drivers are going to stop honking so much just because of a single reminder from the Taxi and Limousine Commission that noise pollution can result in a $350 fine. The fantasy is even getting a pretty face to represent it, with TLC Commissioner David Yassky citing one e-mail from a concerned citizen as the reason he's finally (supposedly) laying down the law on horn-use. Meet Nat Klipper, a Soho-dwelling charitable endowment manager, who wrote that taxis were interrupting his sleep. "It pains my soul to hear these guys leaning on their horns," he tells the Post today. And while he acknowledges it might not last, he's doing the TLC a solid by vouching for them, while simultaneously ignoring reality: "I actually do notice a difference," he says. "Maybe I'm imagining it." Just maybe.
Photo: Don Emmert/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck