Halloween in New York City has its own unique features: The world-famous Greenwich Village parade. The threat of bus vandalism. And, of course, the opportunity to dress your dog in a costume that it doesn't understand and parade it around in front of hundreds of other people. This is precisely what takes place each year at Fort Greene's Great PUPkin Dog Costume Contest. Photographer Jim Kiernan was on hand yesterday to capture the adorableness.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement