A town clerk in Ledyard, New York, who refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples ("God doesn’t want me to"), resulting in a lawsuit, gets to keep her job after earning 305 votes to a write-in candidate's 186. Rose Marie Belforti passes on the unholy requests to her deputy. In our minds, she also helps strengthen the case for New York City's secession.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...