First it was a practical necessity in Zuccotti Park, and then it was an easy way to get opponents to shut up and notice a small-scale occupation, as Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker learned. Today in South Carolina, about 30 protesters interrupted a Michele Bachmann speech on an aircraft carrier, asserting themselves with a hearty, "Mike check!" Bachmann stares straight ahead sort of blankly, as she's known to do, before being escorted away by an officer. The effect was achieved, but the chant execution was pretty sloppy this time around.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?