Yes, blocks — those pieces of wood that you built things with as a child. They're apparently back in vogue in New York City schools, the Times tells us today. Because blocks foster creativity and problem-solving skills in young children, and prepare them for the lifetime of manual labor they'll be forced to perform for Chinese construction conglomerates when those are the only jobs available to them in their bleak, dystopian futures.
Photo: Tim Boyle/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets