The Columbia University football team has not won a game this season, a fact that has not escaped the notice of the Columbia University band, which has attended every game to cheer on the squad. Apparently they got sick of cheering and decided to mock the team instead. In a recent game against Cornell, the band changed the lyrics of the university's fight song to, "Why do we even try? We always lose." The athletic department did not find their honesty refreshing, and has banned the band from playing in this weekend's match against Brown. The band's manager issued an apology, and said, "We are disappointed that we will be unable to perform" ... since we had the most awesome three-part harmony planned, with timpani backing and trumpet flourishes, on how fat the offensive line's mamas are.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?