A criminal justice professor at Long Island University's C.W. Post campus in Brookville "pulled a Plax" yesterday, as the New York Post puts it. Jack Carney, a former NYPD officer, was outside his classroom, "attempting to safeguard" the handgun he had on him for some reason, when it discharged, hitting him in the leg. One of his students assures the Post, "Its [sic] really uncharacteristic for this kind of thing to happen."
Photo: Long Island University
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!