Hundreds of students marched in protest at Baruch College on Monday night against a proposed tuition hike of $300 per year over each of the next four years. Some demonstrators pushed through barricades to the lobby, where the board of trustees were meeting at the time to discuss the proposal, which will be voted on in two weeks. About two dozen protesters were arrested on charges ranging from disorderly conduct to rioting, according to CUNY spokesman Michael Arena. On the bright side, the protesters didn't get pepper-sprayed in the face.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...