Artist Ingrid Burrington has been exhaustively cataloguing and analyzing Missed Connections on Craigslist since 2009. Not only has she been able to determine the most popular subway trains for missed connections (the L train, obviously) and the most popular area of the city (Union Square), she's also produced the fascinating pie charts you see above (click for the full version), which break down the superlatives most often used to describe missed connections. Somewhat surprising: the popularity of "cute." Less surprising: Nobody is looking to get in touch with the "mediocre looking" dude or the "homely" girl they exchanged glances with on the subway.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]