A new shop on 119th Street and Lenox Avenue isn't quite the wine bar some vocal residents had in mind. "I don't like to use the word ghetto, but that's what it is," said the president of a local community association. "The signage should match the tasteful cloth canopies used by other stores such as Ristorante Settepani," she added. An employee of "Wine & Liquor" said the neon sign was actually handcrafted and cost $4,500. There's no accounting for taste, they say.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...