John Heilemann visited Hardball tonight to discuss his cover story about the Occupy movements around the country, the similarities to demonstrations at the 1968 Democratic national convention in Chicago, and how President Obama is trying to use the current protests to push his campaign forward. "President Obama is naturally trying to tap into some of the populist frustrations that the movement has brought to the surface in the larger populations," Heilemann said, despite protesters not necessarily being automatically pro-Obama. "Their attitude toward Barack Obama is, 'He's as bad as the Republicans, we're not interested in being tapped into.'"
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?