Antisemitism reared its ugly head in the heavily Jewish neighborhood of Midwood, Brooklyn, last night. Three cars were set on fire, and police, who are handling the incident as a hate crime, say that "KKK" was spray-painted on the side of a van, swastikas were scrawled on benches, and the words "Fuck Jews" were written on the sidewalk. "The fact that this most recent attack came on the heels of the 73rd anniversary of Kristalnacht [sic] may or may not be a coincidence,” Mayor Bloomberg said in a statement. “Either way, this kind of hateful act has no place in the freest city in the freest country in the world.” Wait, New York City is the "freest city" in the country? Has anyone told the smokers? Or the people who want to eat trans-fats? Or — well, whatever, sorry. Get out of New York, scumbags!
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!