Is Mitt Romney the kind of guy you want to have a beer with? Probably not. But even if you do, you can't anyway. Romney will never humor working-class Pennsylvania voters by commiserating with them over a beer. He will never solve a small-town racial controversy that has nothing to do with him in the first place by convening a White House beer summit. Why? Because Mitt Romney is a Mormon, and, being a Mormon, Romney never drinks alcohol. Except that one time. "I tasted a beer and tried a cigarette once, as a wayward teenager," he admits in the upcoming issue of People. Mitt "Wayward" Romney, they called him.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/2011 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!