The culture of New York City cops looking out for their friends, family, and VIPs recently got seventeen officers indicted, and the ugly press isn't done yet: A 50-year-old Bronx day laborer was beaten outside of a paint store over a parking spot, but a quick call from the attacker to his police buddy allegedly prevented an arrest from occurring. "What he did to me was wrong," said the victim. "What the cops did in not arresting him is worse." [NYP]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?