Patricia Dolan, a pedestrian advocate and fixture at Queens civic meetings, was hit and killed by a car on Tuesday night. She was 72. "Irony of ironies — she took public transportation to a transportation meeting and gets hit by a car," her best friend told the Times. "Pat never drove," the friend added. "She really understood the danger of being behind the wheel and being a pedestrian."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck