The C.I.A.'s so-called "vengeful librarians" — a secret team of analysts armed with library science degrees and language proficiency — are monitoring social networks daily for useful information. Nearly every day, Barack Obama gets a briefing full of information pulled from Twitter and Facebook. Personally, we might ask for a rundown on what our middle school crush has been up to, but apparently he's getting insight on what the local mood is in certain troubled regions like Pakistan and Yemen (and surely the C.I.A is also tracking people and events a little closer to home).
Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck