Ben Smith, one of Politico's best-known reporters, will join meme-machine BuzzFeed. He's not going to be compiling slideshows of Cute Animals Who Look Like Ryan Gosling (at least not in a professional capacity); Smith is helping the site build "a new breed of social news organization." Smith, who will be editor-in-chief of the site's news division, will hire a team of a dozen reporters. He'll keep writing political news for Politico through the primaries, and will then remain a weekly columnist for his old employer.
Photo: Jonathon Ziegler/PatrickMcMullan.com==
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!