New York Magazine's Frank Rich schmoozed with Rachel Maddow last night about how the right-wing media, namely Fox and The Wall Street Journal, are favoring Gingrich over Romney. It's partly for ideological reasons, Rich said, but "... I think most of all it's a practical decision.. throughout the political world, people really, really don't like Mitt Romney. Forget about his positions, or his flip-flopping ... there's something plastic about Romney, something off-putting. And fake. And I think the Murdoch empire wants someone who could win." Watch the entire excerpt here.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability