GOP front-runner Newt Gingrich has a very specific set of requirements for speaking engagements. According to a leaked copy of a 2010 rider from an appearance Gingrich made at Missouri Western State University, he requires first-class air travel, the hotel of his choice with a nearby (but not adjoining!) suite for an aide, and, he specifies very clearly, a seat earmarked for Callista by his side for all functions. It's a little high maintenance, sure, but not unheard of for the kind of speaker who's pulling down $50,000 for an appearance, as Gingrich does. But another bit of specific language in the contract is a little more unusual: Newt asks for two bathrooms in his hotel suite, presumably his and hers. So apparently Callista isn't by his side for ALL functions.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper