John Heilemann spoke with the panel on NOW with Alex Wagner today, discussing new polls showing Rick Perry slowly but surely catching up with Rick Santorum in the polls, but both still linger behind front-runner Mitt Romney and second-place Ron Paul. What accounts for the slow uptick? TV time, says Heilemann. Perry's been outspending Santorum on television ads in Iowa, just five days before the state caucuses. "You can say a lot of things about retail politics in Iowa, but having money on the air, having ads both positive and negative do the work for you, is really important especially in these closing days," Heilemann said.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals