As one response to the recent rise in attacks on MTA workers, the city is starting to install partitions on buses, giving operators their own little protected cockpit. The planning took years, NY1 reports, "because there was no shield available that could resist being cut by a knife, was glare free and not too confining for drivers." Each will cost between $1,800 and $3,800, but it beats arming drivers.
Photo: Adam E. Moreira
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle