As one response to the recent rise in attacks on MTA workers, the city is starting to install partitions on buses, giving operators their own little protected cockpit. The planning took years, NY1 reports, "because there was no shield available that could resist being cut by a knife, was glare free and not too confining for drivers." Each will cost between $1,800 and $3,800, but it beats arming drivers.
Photo: Adam E. Moreira
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability