Days after dumping its CEO since 2004, Janet Robinson, the New York Times Company is reportedly unloading its Regional Media Group, which includes fifteen newspapers in Florida, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, and Louisiana.The buyer is Halifax Media Group, says Romenesko, who preempted a report by the Times' own Amy Chozick. Update: According to the company's flagship paper, they're "close" to selling.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!