Mayor Bloomberg announced at a hospital in the Bronx today that, in part because of anti-smoking efforts and anti-HIV initiatives, a baby born in New York City in 2009 can expect to live an average of 80.6 years, "an increase of nearly three years since 2000 and nearly two and a half years more than the most recently reported national rate of 78.2 years," but still not long enough that a newborn is likely to ever experience a Mets World Series title in its lifetime.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!