Ask Newt Gingrich about most things, and chances are that he will sneer condescendingly at you. But ask him about his mom, who died in 2003, and he will probably cry, something that we had previously suspected he was not physically or emotionally capable of doing. If you want to be cynical about it, we all saw how tearing up helped Hillary Clinton in the 2008 campaign at a time when she, like Gingrich, was facing defeat in an impending primary. But watch the video, and you can tell Gingrich's tears were genuine. Which is not to say that flashing a softer side couldn't help him, too.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!