Navy veteran Joshua Long posts up in Times Square near Planet Hollywood most days with a sign that says, "Help! I Need Money for Weed!" Tourists love him, but for some reason the police keep hassling him. No longer! He's filed a lawsuit against the city claiming harassment and fighting his five arrests for charges like disorderly conduct and obstructing governmental administration. Long is seeking damages, but while that's getting sorted out, a judge's preliminary stipulation says that police must use their "best efforts" not to bug him while he's "lawfully begging and promoting marijuana tolerance." Long claims he's within his constitutional rights and has said he doesn't even smoke marijuana anymore. Besides, he's white!
Photo: Beraldoleal's flickr
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...