Of those earning $500,000 or more annually, 39 percent say they are conservative, compared to 40 percent of what Occupy Wall Street would call the 99 percent, while 41 percent of the richest say they are moderate, and 20 percent identify as liberal, according to a new Gallup poll. More predictably, 57 percent do say they lean Republican, while only 36 percent lean Democratic. Most obviously: The one percent are far less likely to live in the Midwest than on the coasts.
Photo: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP/Getty Images/2011 AFP
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper