In light of the outcry over Rick Perry's desperate, out-of-nowhere anti-gay ad, filmed while wearing the Brokeback Mountain jacket, it's worth noting that Perry seems to have a longtime fixation with homoerotic meat products. Possibly this is not a subconscious reference to man-love, but rather to Upton Sinclair's slaughterhouse exposé The Jungle, itself a metaphor for capitalism, or else to the old line about watching the political sausage get made. Indeed, it turns out the small business touted in the ad is owned by Danny Janecka, a top Perry donor who has plied the governor with cash and private jet rides. In other words, a real sausage-fest.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring