In light of the outcry over Rick Perry's desperate, out-of-nowhere anti-gay ad, filmed while wearing the Brokeback Mountain jacket, it's worth noting that Perry seems to have a longtime fixation with homoerotic meat products. Possibly this is not a subconscious reference to man-love, but rather to Upton Sinclair's slaughterhouse exposé The Jungle, itself a metaphor for capitalism, or else to the old line about watching the political sausage get made. Indeed, it turns out the small business touted in the ad is owned by Danny Janecka, a top Perry donor who has plied the governor with cash and private jet rides. In other words, a real sausage-fest.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire