Mark Meckler, the co-founder of a major (trademarked) tea party group, was hit with a felony weapons possession charge yesterday for carrying a locked gun box with a Glock 27 pistol and ammo at La Guardia Airport. The tea party patriots member seems to have misunderstood local gun laws, having declared his weapon unaware that a California permit doesn't apply in New York. Meckler faces up to fifteen years in prison, but will probably just pay a fine, which will only serve to increase the size of government, however incrementally. Damn Yankees and their freedom-hating.
Photo: Ron Lamkey/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper