Yule Log Embers May Have Sparked Fatal Connecticut Christmas Fire

By

A horrific fire in Stamford, Connecticut, that claimed the lives of three children and the parents of Madonna Badger, a New York fashion marketing executive, may have been sparked by  still-smoldering embers from a yule log. Investigators believe that Badger and her boyfriend placed disposed ashes in a container in the house's foyer late at night, and the tragic fire apparently started in the early hours Christmas morning. The story's details are absolutely heart-wrenching: The grandfather, 71-year-old Lomer Johnson, a former safety director in Kentucky and a mall Santa at Saks, died trying to save one of the children. The three girls were Lily, 10, and 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace.