No wonder Michele Bachmann's campaign has been floundering. Husband Marcus, whom Bachmann called "the best campaigner in our family," went out on his own looking for accessories for the family dog yesterday while the rest of Bachmann's staff mounted a last-ditch effort to stir up supporters at local businesses in Iowa.
"Yesterday when we were out on Main Street in Des Moines, he was out buying doggie sunglasses for our dog Boomer, while we were out visiting all of the many business," Bachmann said in her speech following the caucuses.
As she revealed his whereabouts, Marcus raised his eyebrows, clenched his teeth, nervously smiled, and looked away.
Her campaign may be going down the drain, but at least her dog will remain stylish. Watch the full scene below.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 8. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle