In November, the NYPD investigated three separate incidents of anti-Semitic graffiti (and some torched cars) in Brooklyn's Jewish neighborhoods, followed by the discovery of swastika graffiti last week in Manhattan. More ugliness turned up over the weekend in Midwood, where "Die Jews" was sprayed onto a garage door, along with three swastikas. "This is just the latest in a series of ongoing anti-Semitic occurrences in Brooklyn and throughout New York City," said local Assemblyman Dov Hikind. "People are justifiably very concerned and upset." Police are investigating the vandalism as hate crimes, and have released security footage of the Manhattan defacement, which shows two Asian men and two Asian women as suspects.
Photo: Paul Martinka/Polaris
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 5. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 8. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...
- 9. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011