The annual Lunar New Year parade in Chinatown welcomed the Year of the Dragon yesterday, as more than 6,000 performers put on a show for an estimated 400,000 observers. Photographer Jim Kiernan was on hand to capture the costumes, the colors, and the float-loads of cute kids. "I saw the joy on people's faces," one Chinese tourist told the Daily News. "It feels good to be a part of it."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper