The insane case of Jerry Ramrattan, a TV crime drama nut who raped his ex-girlfriend and then framed her for armed robbery, ended today when he was sentenced to 32 years in prison. Hopefully they are long years, considering the torture he put his ex through. Seemona Sumasar spent seven months in jail while awaiting trial after Ramrattan, a former police informant, set up fake crime scenes and manipulated witnesses into testifying against her, following her rape accusations against him. Sumasar, a former Morgan Stanley analyst, lost her business, house, and daughter while things got sorted out. "I don't have words for you," she said today in court. "You are evil. You are a sociopath. The only thing that helps me sleep at night is that what happened to me was for a reason: someone needs to put a stop to your madness." Ramrattan, who maintains his innocence, received the maximum sentence.
Photo: Nassau County District Attorney
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 9. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother