Conservative journalist and former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum will now work for Tina Brown at Newsweek and The Daily Beast, and is shutting down his own website FrumForum. "When we launched, Sarah Palin was a leading candidate for president and Glenn Beck was broadcasting conspiracy theories on cable TV," Frum writes in his farewell message. "Three years later – not so much. OK, maybe we can’t claim all the credit. But we won't refuse some fair share." Frum recently asked a big, related question in this magazine: "When Did the GOP Lose Touch With Reality?"
Photo: Marc Bryan-Brown/Getty Images
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 9. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders