"How might Mitt Romney be treated if he were a guest at Downton Abbey?" we began to wonder one recent Sunday evening around 9 p.m.-ish, when one tends to ponder such things. On the one hand, Romney is just like his lordship, in that he enjoys the pleasures of opulent wealth without actually, you know, having a job. On the other hand, Romney has been trying his damndest to seem like just an ordinary guy who has more in common with a footman or a waiter than an English noble. You know, maybe he wouldn’t really get along with anyone.
Photo: BBC, Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]