Ray Lazier Lengend confessed yesterday to throwing Molotov cocktails, some made from Starbucks bottles, around Queens on New Year's Day, but explained that he wasn't exactly targeting Muslims for their faith. As the Post reports, Lengend "got back at a Jamaica Islamic center for not letting him use the bathroom, settled two personal beefs, and took out his frustration on a deli owner who caught him shoplifting," while the fifth attack was a mistake — he "had the wrong address for a crack dealer he was allegedly after." And yet, some anti-Muslim statements to police about the Islamic center will add one count of arson as a hate crime to four additional counts of arson as general nuttiness.
Photo: null/This photograph is protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. Licensing requests should be sent to email@example.com.
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire