In a conversation with Rachel Maddow on The Rachel Maddow Show Monday night, New York writer-at-large Frank Rich says that to Mitt Romney's own detriment, he's holding back on something that he's most passionate about: his religion. Rich addresses Romney's ongoing inability to connect with voters and sets aside the usual theories — he's stiff, rich, needs better performance skills — before delving into Romney's Mormonism. "He just doesn't go there," Rich says, acknowledging that he might be avoiding it for fear of bigoted attacks. "It's almost as if he's closeted about his religion, and I think that makes him seem fake." Watch the entire discussion.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire