On Hardball today, John Heilemann discussed his predictions for tonight's New Hampshire primary and Mitt Romney's apparent strategy of pretending he was never actually governor of Massachusetts. He'd much rather you think of him as an ordinary guy or a successful businessman. But not one of those successful businessmen who makes $10,000 bets or who gets his kicks firing people, of course. And now that Newt Gingrich and others are attacking his business record, Romney might regret skimming over his governing years. "Romney backed himself into a corner," Heilemann said. "He sort of forced his enemies to go after [his business experience] because he won't let them attack him on Massachusetts because he claims he never governed anything before."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!