The WikiLeaks founder will host a TV chat show, according to an announcement by the financially troubled secret-sharing organization. The series will consist of Julian Assange having "in-depth conversations with key political players, thinkers and revolutionaries from around the world. The theme: the world tomorrow." Speaking of tomorrow, it remains to be seen how long this show can possibly run considering Assange's extradition trial is scheduled for February 1, and he still faces sexual abuse allegations in Sweden. As the AP notes, "How the show will be produced and who will carry it remain open questions." For any bigwigs interested in getting involved, "WikiLeaks referred queries about the series to the hitherto obscure Quick Roll Productions, whose website appears to have been created only about two weeks ago." Surely doubters said the same thing about Harpo at some point.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals