Thirty-nine-year-old Steven Santiago risked his life early Sunday morning when he jumped onto the tracks at a Staten Island Railway station to rescue a drunk man who put himself in peril to retrieve a lost shoe. Both Santiago and the other man were still on the tracks when the train reached them at the New Dorp station. "The drunk somehow avoided being hit, but Santiago was taken to Staten Island University Hospital North in critical condition after the train slammed into his head," according to police. His brother said that Santiago is in "pretty bad shape."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!