Indian immigrants Rabita Sarker and Aditya Saurabh were just practicing their trip from Harrison, New Jersey, to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan when mom, Rabita, realized that her labor pains were not false. The couple didn't want to risk having their child enter the world inside the Lincoln Tunnel, so they took the PATH train to Manhattan from Journal Square station in Jersey City. The baby boy was born en route to the hospital. The proud parents haven't named the boy yet but will call him "Jhatpat” for now, the Hindi word for “Fast," which is cuter but less accurate than "Untimely."
Photo: Matthew Scherf/www.mattscherf.com
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck