It wasn't your imagination: New York City really was more crowded last year. A new report shows 50.5 million tourists visited the Big Apple last year, 300,000 more than Mayor Bloomberg announced in December and significantly more than the 48.7 million the city drew in 2010. NYC & Company CEO George Fertitta attributed the rise to the "unseasonably warm weather during the last two weeks of the year," but a deeply embedded source told us that the spike has everything to do with the Ride, "a bus tour that takes everything that makes New York, New York, and kicks it into overdrive."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper