Park Slope's venerable Southpaw music venue is being converted into a tutoring center that will feature "rock climbing for tots." "I’m kind of over Park Slope — it’s not a destination for nightlife anymore,” owner Mikey Palms told the Brooklyn Paper. "It’s time to go." It's like the neighborhood is trolling for snarky jokes from childless bloggers who live in North Brooklyn, so we will take the high road and just note that you should feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
Photo: Ralf Hettler/Copyright by Ralf Hettler
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!