Park Slope's venerable Southpaw music venue is being converted into a tutoring center that will feature "rock climbing for tots." "I’m kind of over Park Slope — it’s not a destination for nightlife anymore,” owner Mikey Palms told the Brooklyn Paper. "It’s time to go." It's like the neighborhood is trolling for snarky jokes from childless bloggers who live in North Brooklyn, so we will take the high road and just note that you should feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
Photo: Ralf Hettler/Copyright by Ralf Hettler
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig