Contrary to conventional wisdom, the highlight of last night's Republican debate was not when Newt Gingrich managed to avoid talking about cheating on his wife by screaming about media bias. It was when Mitt Romney, asked by moderator John King whether or not he would release his tax returns from years past as his father George Romney had done, nervously attempted to replicate human laughter. For reasons unclear, we have taken this unbearable moment and stretched it out into an even more unbearable 30-second loop. How long can you watch before clawing out your eyes, stabbing your ears, or jumping through a window? The office record is currently twelve seconds.
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck