Contrary to conventional wisdom, the highlight of last night's Republican debate was not when Newt Gingrich managed to avoid talking about cheating on his wife by screaming about media bias. It was when Mitt Romney, asked by moderator John King whether or not he would release his tax returns from years past as his father George Romney had done, nervously attempted to replicate human laughter. For reasons unclear, we have taken this unbearable moment and stretched it out into an even more unbearable 30-second loop. How long can you watch before clawing out your eyes, stabbing your ears, or jumping through a window? The office record is currently twelve seconds.
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film